Welcome back to National Parks and other public lands with T!
To supplement the numerous posts I’ve published on Acadia National Park, I’d like to share a couple of videos with you.
Mike O’Brien’s 8 Favorite Spots in Acadia, courtesy of OBR Travel»
- Thunder Hole: Covered in my Park Loop Road Post
- Visitor Center
- Gorham Mountain: Haven’t actually tried this hike. Next time!
- Bass Harbor Light: Have visited in the 90s, but don’t have a decent photo.
- Jordan Pond: Covered in my Jordan Pond and the Bubbles Post
- Penobscot Mountain: Looks like a great hike, but may be too much rock scrambling for us.
- Park Loop Road: Covered in my Park Loop Road Post
- Bubble Rock: Covered in my Jordan Pond and the Bubbles Post
Six-Minute YouTube Video Courtesy of GoTraveler»
This video is a lovely and professionally narrated overview of Acadia National Park’s history and sights.
- Park Loop Road
- Jordan Pond and The Bubbles
- Bar Island
- Schoodic Peninsula
- The Waters off Acadia
- Bar Harbor Shore Path
- Acadia National Park
Location: Mount Desert Island, Frenchman Bay
Designation: National Park
Date established/designated: July 8, 1916
Date of my visit: May 2007