Welcome back to National Parks and other public lands with T! On a regular basis, we’ll feature a favorite photo or two from a friend in the National Park community. Are you a National Park fan with a photo favorite you think would be great for this series? Send me a private message through the contact section of this blog!
About these photos»
- Place: Biscayne National Park, Florida
- Date: January 2019 (during the government shutdown)
- Photo Credit: Danielle (Everybody’s National Parks)
- Pictured (above): We took a guided boat tour to Boca Chita Key. We climbed the 65 foot lighthouse and enjoyed scenic views of the islands, bay, ocean and Miami skyline.
- Pictured (Below): The kids nicknamed this tree the lounge chair tree, which took this shape from a hurricane.
- Why they are some of my favorites: We loved this place. We came on a weekday when it was very quiet. The color of the water was clear as glass. We toured the lighthouse, learned about the history and then went for a swim and played on the beach. On the boat trip back we saved some other boaters who ran into some trouble. We loved seeing the juxtaposition of the island and nature all around us with the skyline of Miami across the bay.
Meet Danielle from Everybody’s National Parks»
I’m Danielle and along with my husband Bryan and our 2 junior rangers we host Everybody’s National Parks, an audio guide podcast promoting family adventure in our national parks. “It’s like having a ranger in your pocket.” We created the podcast we were looking for to help plan and prepare for our trips.–Written by Danielle from Everybody’s National Parks
Where can we find Everybody’s National Parks?
- Website: www.EverybodysNationalParks.com
- Podcast: everybodysnationalparks.com/social
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/everybodysnationalparks
- Instagram: @everybodysnationalparks
- Twitter: @everybodysnps