Welcome back to National Parks and other public lands with T! On a regular basis, we’ll feature a favorite photo or two from a friend in the National Park community. Are you a National Park fan with a photo favorite you think would be great for this series? Send me a private message through the contact section of this blog!
About these photos»
- Place: Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- Date: August 2017 & April 2019
- Photo Credit: Danielle (Everybody’s National Parks)
- Pictured (above): South River Falls Trail. We hiked down the South River Falls Trail and returned on the AT – Appalachian Trail. This photo is on the AT shortly after we saw a black bear less than 100 feet from the trail. Photo taken during spring break April 2019.
- Pictured (Below): This photo was taken during a photography workshop not far from Big Meadows in August 2017.
- Why they are some of my favorites: Shenandoah holds a special place in my heart. I consider it our home park even though we live far from it. I’ve been coming to Shenandoah since I was in college. It’s the first park I visited with Bryan and the first park we took our kids to. I day dream of bringing my grandchildren here one day.
Meet Danielle from Everybody’s National Parks»
I’m Danielle and along with my husband Bryan and our 2 junior rangers we host Everybody’s National Parks, an audio guide podcast promoting family adventure in our national parks. “It’s like having a ranger in your pocket.” We created the podcast we were looking for to help plan and prepare for our trips.–Written by Danielle from Everybody’s National Parks