Welcome back to National Parks and other public lands with T! On a regular basis, we’ll feature a favorite photo or two from a friend in the National Park community. Are you a National Park fan with a photo favorite you think would be great for this series? Send me a private message through the contact section of this blog!
About this photo»
- Place: Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Date: August 2019
- Photo Credit: Matt and Brad Kirouac
- Why it’s one of our favorites: I credit Badlands National Park as the place that really established my love and obsession for national parks. The whole landscape looks like something from Mars, and it blew me away from the first moment I saw it in 2016. I was excited to return with Brad in 2019, and hike through craggy spires and buttes in this surreal terrain. It cemented Badlands as one of my favorite national parks.
Meet Matt and Brad from Hello Ranger»
Ever since my trip to Badlands National Park in 2016, I’ve been obsessed with national parks, a sentiment that Brad has shared since his journeys through places like Yellowstone and Mount Rainier. The sense of calm, all-natural beauty, and inclusion we feel in these places is something we treasure, and that’s why they became such a focal point of our travels when we moved into our RV full-time in 2018. We didn’t sell our loft and buy an RV because of national parks, but they definitely became a motivating factor once we were on the road, criss-crossing the country. There’s no better pit stop than the shimmering crystallized logs of Petrified Forest, or the vast chasm of Black Canyon of the Gunnison, or a snorkel trip at Biscayne. Each place is so astoundingly unique and inspiring in such distinct ways—it’s hard to fathom that these are all in the same country! This national parks journey eventually begat our first podcast with iHeartRadio, Parklandia, which was all about national parks and our life in an RV. This year, we parted ways and created our own independent podcast and blog, Hello Ranger, which builds upon our personal national parks journey by incorporating stories and insight from other national parks lovers from all walks of life. —Written by Matt Kirouac
Where can we find Hello Ranger?
- Website: https://hellorangercommunity.com
- Podcast: Subscribe on Apple podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere you listen to podcasts
- Patron (bonus content): https://hellorangercommunity.com/patron
- Facebook: HelloRangerUSA
- Instagram: @hellorangerusa
- Twitter: @hellorangerusa