Welcome back to National Parks and other public lands with T!
Governor Tom Keane designated the NJBG as the Garden State’s official garden on this date in 1985.
The gardens are open to the public every day of the year and are on 96 acres in the Ramapo Mountains. They are maintained by the non-profit Skylands Association.In the 1920s-50s, Skylands was owned by Clarence Lewis. Lewis was a wealthy investment banker who was also a trustee of the New York Botanical Garden. He collected plants and employed 60 gardeners to work his estate.
- Merry Xmas from Ringwood NHL
- Ringwood Manor NHL District
- Ringwood State Park: Skylands
- Jungle Habitat
- Long Pond Ironworks
- Victorian Xmas at Ringwood Manor
- NJBG: Lilac Garden
- NJBG: Perennial Garden (Coming Soon)
- Cupsaw Mountain Loop (Coming Soon)
- Shepherd Lake (Coming Soon)
- Skylands Manor (Coming Soon)
- NJBG: Peony Garden (Coming Soon)
- NJBG: Octagonal Garden (Coming Soon)
Location: 2 Morris Rd, Ringwood, NJ 07456
Designation: State Park
Date designated or established: 1966
Date of my visit: May 21, 2020