Welcome back to National Parks and other public lands with T!
A Virtual Tour of Fort McHenry»
Fort McHenry is best known for its role in the War of 1812, when it defended Baltimore Harbor against an attack by the British navy. It was first built in 1798 and saw military service up through WWII. The NPS now has a 360° virtual tour of the historic fort and outbuildings which can be accessed by clicking here.
- Baltimore National Heritage Area
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine
- Happy birthday, Star Spangled Banner
- Baltimore NHA Bromo Seltzer
- Fort McHenry Virtual Tour
Location: 2400 E Fort Ave, Baltimore, MD 21230
Designation: National Monument
Date designated: 3/3/1925
Date of my visit: July 17, 2013